This recipe comes together pretty quick and packs a ton of flavor sure to impress your guests’ tastebuds! You can use pre-spiralized zucchini noodles or spiralize them yourself. If you want to make a special date night meal, spring for a homemade pasta but go thin like angel hair, linguini or spaghetti. As always, I hope you give this one a try and let me know how you like it!
Recipe for 2 servings – approx. 30 mins start to finish
- 14-16 Jumbo Shrimp – Peeled & Deveined
- 4 Cups Zucchini Noodles
- 3 Cups Fresh Basil Leaves + More for Topping
- 1/2 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Roughly Chopped
- Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Add basil, pine nuts, parmesan, juice of 1/2 lemon, chopped garlic & salt to food processor and turn on high. Gradually drizzle in olive oil until desired consistency. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Heat large nonstick pan over medium heat, add 1 tbs of olive oil then add shrimp. Season with salt. Flip shrimp and squeeze in the juice of 1/2 lemon. Once shrimp are cooked through, remove from pan.
- Add zucchini noodles to pan, cook for about 1 minute then stir in pesto and red pepper flakes to taste. Continue tossing zucchini with pesto until combined and zucchini is cooked through (about 5 minutes). Add shrimp back to pan, toss to combine.
- Transfer to serving dish and top with fresh chopped basil, a squeeze of lemon juice and/or zest and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!