Looking for an instagram worthy recipe without a ton of ingredients? This meal should do the trick! Tofu is coated in rich umami miso paste, rolled in black and white sesame seeds and toasted in the pan for a rich and filling dinner. As always, I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
2-3 Servings – 1 Hour
- 1 Block of Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 Tbs Miso Paste
- 1/2 Cup Sesame Seeds – Black & White
- Vegetable Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Honey, Scallions, Soy &/or Sriracha for Topping
- Press tofu in clean kitchen towel for at least 30 minutes between 2 plates. Stack cans on the top plate for added pressure.
- Cut tofu into short stick shapes & prep two plates – one with miso paste and one with sesame seeds.
- Gently roll tofu sticks in miso one by one to lightly coat then roll in sesame seeds and place on clean plate.
- Once all of the tofu is prepped, heat 1 tsp of vegetable oil & 1/2 tsp sesame oil in nonstick pan over medium heat. Add tofu to pan without overcrowding and cook approx. 7 minutes on each side until tofu begins brown and get a crisp skin.
- Serve over rice with your favorite steamed veggies for a full meal and top with scallions, honey, soy &/or sriracha. Enjoy!
Want more recipes in your inbox? 👇👇
Let’s Connect on Instagram!