This is the perfect recipe for a flavor packed and delicious meal! The secret is not to overcook the sweet potatoes so you get a good mix of textures from the onions, peppers, sweet potatoes and any other filling you choose to throw in. I added rice cooked with lime zest, a diced tomato, salt & pepper; black beans and diced avocado – so yummy! Alright, let’s get to it 👇
Ingredients for 3 Burritos – About 30 Mins:
- 2 Small or 1 Large Sweet Potato – Diced in 1″ Cubes
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 4 Mini Bell Peppers or 1 Regular Bell Pepper
- 2 Chipotles in Adobo
- 1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Heat 1/2tbs olive oil over medium low heat and add sweet potatoes seasoned with salt, pepper, smoked paprika & cumin. Cook for about 5 minutes then add chipotle peppers roughly chopped, cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Add onion & bell peppers cut into strips & apple cider vinegar to pan. Lower heat to low and cover to release the brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Leave covered for about 3 mins then uncover and put the heat on medium high to brown the sweet potatoes, peppers and onions. Once sweet potatoes are cooked through you are ready to assemble your burritos.
- Add 6-7 potatoes along with peppers and onions to 8″ tortillas with your favorite fillings – rice, black beans, avocado, salsa, etc. Enjoy!
Interested in receiving recipes like this in your inbox? 👇👇