A friend of mine recently suggested a breakfast for dinner so of course I wanted to come up with a decadent and savory option. I landed on this quick frittata with sweet caramelized onions and greens finished with salty feta cheese. Divine!
Ingredients for one 9″ Frittata:
- 8 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- Medium Yellow Onion – Sliced into Thin Strings
- 4 Cups of Baby Kale or Spinach
- 1 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbs Butter
- 1/2 Tbs Olive Oil
- Feta Cheese – About 1/3 cup
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Heat olive oil & butter in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, season with salt & pepper and cover.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, salt & pepper.
- Continue to cook onions, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and begin to brown then lower heat to medium-low and add apple cider vinegar and greens. Cover and let greens begin to wilt (about 4 minutes).
- Use a wooden spoon to get all of the browning off the bottom of the pan and mixed into the onions & greens.
- Transfer and spread onion & greens into 9” oven safe baking dish and gently pour in egg mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the middle of the frittata is set.
- Remove from oven and top with feta cheese and chopped uncooked greens. Enjoy!
I hope you give this delicious recipe a try and let me know what you think! 😊
Interested in receiving recipes like this in your inbox? 👇👇