A delicious and decadent dinner sure to impress anyone! This recipe comes together in about an hour and a half of hands on time but is sooo worth every minute. You can easily double the recipe and freeze half for a future meal. This recipe could be made with all-purpose flour if you aren’t a fan of whole wheat flour. You can also throw in some ham or bacon to make this a meatier meal but these pierogies don’t need any extras to stand out 😉. Alright, let’s get to it!👇
Ingredients for about 30 pierogies:
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream
- 1 Stick of Butter, Room Temp
- 1 Potato, Cooked & Peeled
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Shallot, Diced
- 1 Cup of Asparagus, Cut into 1″ Pieces
- Salt & Pepper
- Mix flour, egg, sour cream, 1/2 stick of butter & pinch of salt together in large mixing bowl. Begin working the dough on a clean countertop without adding flour, kneading with your fingers, until a non-sticky ball forms.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix potato, cheese & salt & pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Remove dough and roll on clean floured surface into a very thin sheet. Do 1/2 of the dough at a time, your arms will thank you! Thin dough is the key here, think millimeters.
- Cut dough into 2″ rounds with a cup. Fill each round with about 1-1.5 tsp of potato mixture. Pinch edges and press closed with a fork.
- Bring a large salted pot of water to a boil and add pierogies in 8-10 piece batches. When they float, remove from water and onto plate. About 5 minutes per batch.
- Once all pierogies are cooked, melt 1/2 stick of butter in a large pan over medium high heat, add shallots and cook for about 2 minutes then add asparagus, piergoies and season with salt & pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, flipping frequently.
- Once pierogies begin to crisp, they are ready to eat. Enjoy!
Interested in receiving recipes like this? 👇👇