Sometimes you just need a good comforting stick-to-your-ribs dinner. This easy recipe is just that and it happens to be meatless! This recipe is very flexible too if you want to throw in some extra veggies like green beans. Packed with rich flavors, this one is sure to impress and satisfy the whole family. Alright, let’s get to it! 👇
Ingredients for 4 Servings
- 2 Medium Potatoes – Cooked
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Yellow Onion – Diced
- 2 Carrots – Peeled & Diced
- 1 Stalk Celery – Diced
- 1 Cup Mushrooms – Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Dry Red Wine
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbs Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Corn
- 4″ Stalk Rosemary
- 2 Tbs Room Temp Butter + 1 Tbs Melted Butter
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450º – use the convection fan if you have one.
- Mash peeled potato in medium bowl with 2 tbs butter, 1/3 cup of sour cream (or greek yogurt), salt & pepper until fully mixed. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in Dutch oven (like this one) over medium heat – add onions, mushrooms, carrots, rosemary stalk and season with salt and pepper. Cook about 10 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add celery to pot & cook about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with red wine & scrape any bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Lower heat to low, add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add vegetable stock, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste & black pepper. Cook about 5 minutes uncovered until it begins to thicken then remove rosemary stalk.
- Transfer mixture to oven safe crock* and top with about 1.5″ of potato mixture. Use a large fork to make ridges in the topping and brush with melted butter.
- Bake on a sheet pan to catch any drippings until topping begins to brown, about 15 minutes. You can also turn the broiler on the last few minutes and watch closely.
- Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
* You can opt to add the potato topping to the filling in your dutch oven and make this a one pot dinner 😉.
Interested in receiving recipes like this in your inbox? 👇👇