This appetizer or side dish comes together in about 20 minutes from start to finish and packs flavor as if the sauce has been cooking and marinating for hours. The measurements in this recipe will give you a solid medium heat, if you prefer more of a mild heat, cut the gochujang back to around 1 teaspoon. As always, I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Ingredients for 2 Servings:
- 12-14 Okra
- 1 Tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- Stalk of 1 Green Onion – Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tbs Gochujang
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbs Mirin Rice Wine
- 1 Tbs Honey
- For Garnish: 1/2 Tsp Sesame Seeds and/or Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- Heat 1/2 tsp sesame oil over medium high heat in wok or large nonstick pan then add okra. Cook okra, stirring often, until charred (about 10 minutes), then remove from pan.
- Lower heat to low and add remaining 1/2 tsp sesame oil and green onion. Cook for about 3 mins or until onions begin to brown.
- Add gochujang, mirin, honey and soy sauce to pan. Cook until bubbly then add okra back to pan.
- Turn heat to medium high and toss to coat okra, once sauce thickens and okra is fully coated, transfer to serving dish, top with sesame seeds and/or onions and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Interested in receiving recipes like this in your inbox? 👇👇