Here’s a rustic Italian inspired dinner that came together accidentally by using left over produce before a recent trip. This recipe is flexible too if you want to add or omit veggies based on what you have in your fridge.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes
- 1/2 Yellow Onion – sliced into strips
- Minced Garlic Clove
- 1 Head of Broccoli – cut into bite size florets
- 1 Bell Pepper – sliced into strips
- 1 Tomato – diced
- 3/4 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves – torn into 1″ pieces
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º. Poke holes in spaghetti squash and microwave on high for 5 mins.
- Once cooled enough to handle, slice lengthwise into two even halves. Remove seeds, season with about 1 tbs olive oil on each half, salt & pepper. Place face down on greased baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes or until flesh pulls away from skin.
- Meanwhile, heat large pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbs olive oil and layer from the bottom up – red pepper flakes, onions, broccoli, bell peppers and tomatoes – seasoning lightly between each layer with salt & pepper. Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon over veggies. Do not mix! Cover and cook about 7 minutes or until veggies are cooked through.
- Remove from heat, stir in basil leaves and 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan then toss until cheese is melted and veggies are evenly coated. Set aside.
- Once spaghetti squash is cooked through, fluff the flesh with a fork and transfer to serving dish. Top with about 2 tbs parmesan directly on spaghetti squash, veggie mixture, a light drizzle of olive oil and additional parmesan if desired. Serve & enjoy!
Interested in receiving recipes like this in your inbox? 👇👇
You might also like: