Here is a super comforting Italian classic that incorporates your greens! This dish comes together in about 45 minutes and is sure to satisfy the whole family.
Ingredients for 2 Large Servings
- 16 Large Shells
- 1 Cup Ricotta
- 1 Cup Frozen Spinach – thawed & liquid squeezed out
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Parsley
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1 Jar of Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
- Crusty Bread – for serving
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Prepare shells according to package instructions, remove from water as soon as shells become al dente.
- In a medium bowl – mix ricotta, spinach, basil, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes (if using) and salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour jar of sauce into 9″ x 7″ baking dish or split between two smaller crocks.
- Stuff shells with about 1 heap tablespoon of filling and place in sauce. Once all shells are in the pan, top with parmesan cheese and bake for about 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly on the sides. Do not overcook or the shells will dry out and become hard.
- Serve with crusty bread & enjoy!
- This filling is super flexible if you want to make it extra cheesy with a handful of mozzarella.
- Of course you can use fresh spinach, just cook and drain well prior to adding it to the filling.