This is one of those recipes where pulling from different flavors come together in an amazing way! The coconut rice is sooo good with salty pine nuts, sweet green peas and fresh basil. Adding a spicy honey glazed sweet potato and perfectly cooked fried egg make this super decadent and satisfying.
Ingredients for 2 Bowls:
- 1 Cup Jasmine Rice
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 3 Tbs Pine Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Green Peas
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, roughly chopped
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 2 Tbs Honey
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 2 Eggs
- Vegetable Oil
- Cook rice according to package instructions and add coconut flakes, salt & pepper. Using vegetable broth instead of water will add flavor, you just won’t need to salt the rice as much. Once cooked, set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375º. Cut sweet potato in half lengthwise, season lightly with oil, salt & pepper. Bake face down on sheet pan for about 30 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from oven, flip skin side down and let cool for about 5 mins. Then drizzle with honey and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan or wok over medium high heat with about 2 tsp vegetable oil. Add pine nuts and let them cook for 2-4 minutes. Then add rice and frozen peas, stir to combine and set aside. Just before serving, stir in the fresh basil.
- Fry eggs until whites are set, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To assemble the bowls, divide rice between 2 bowls and top with an egg and sweet potato. Add additional basil if desired. Enjoy!